This is a three day programme aimed at current and newly qualified security operatives, the course has been developed to provide an in-depth understanding of the many and often complex tasks demanded of a professional ‘Retail Loss Prevention Officer’ and is sector specific to the Retail Industry.
Training staff at Davis Training Ltd are 'Dual professionals' subject specialists and teaching professionals that are devoted in developing their knowledge and experience in both aspects of their role to ensure the best outcomes for learners in their sector. Many have Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills Status (QTLS) and over 30 years experience in the retail industry.
Who Should Attend/Entry Requirements
This course is designed for new entrants to the industry, people transferring from other security functions, those with jobs including some elements of CCTV (PSS) surveillance.
- Prevent, Detect & Deter Crime in a Retail Environment
- Store Opening and Closing Procedures
- Suspect Arrest, Support and Holding Room Procedures
- Cash Lifts and Cash in Transit Procedures
- Identifying categories of Shop Lifters (External)
- Methodology of Shop Lifting
- Identifying Internal Loss
- Measures to counter External and Internal Loss and Waste
- Recording Procedures specific to Retail
- Creation and use of Witness Statements
- Use of Pocket Book and Continuity of Evidence CCTV PSS
- Theft Act 1968 - ‘A Scone’
- Police & Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Criminal Damage Act 1971
- Dealing with Emergencies
- Bomb/I.E.D. Threat, Fire Evacuation
- Counter Terrorism Awareness
We are committed to meeting the individual needs of all learners, and understand how important resources can be in supporting student learning in order to increase success. Our resources are tailored to the content in which they're being used, they will include; Video presentations, use of video recording for practical activities, scenario based learning, group activities, quizzes, PowerPoint, blast boards, ICT and others.
Assessment is made up of 1 compulsory 30 minute multiple choice examination held on the final day of course, practical assessments and a portfolio of evidence.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Level 2 Davis Training Award in Retail Loss Prevention (Endorsed by HABC)
Price on request includes: Handbook (CD) course handouts, examination and certification.